Here are the basic facts from the latest Apple Financial Results:
- Best ever second fiscal quarter;
- Earnings rose 94% to $11.6 billion;
- $12.30 per diluted share;
- Quarterly revenue of $39.19 billion;
- This compares with $24.7 billion and net profit of $6.0 billion, or $6.40 per diluted share in the year-ago quarter;
- Gross margin was 47.4% compared to 41.4% in the year ago quarter;
- International sales accounted for 64% of the quarters revenue;
- 35.1 million iPhones sold last quarter, which is 88% unit growth over year-ago quarter;
- 11.8 million iPads sold last quarter, 151% unit increase over year-ago quarter;
- 4 million Macs sold last quarter, a 7% increase over year-ago quarter;
- 7.7 million iPods sold, a drop of 15% from the year-ago quarter.
You can listen back to the Conference Call HERE.
And if you’re not interested in words, the chaps over at MacRumors have made a chart for you to look at: