Nik Kershaw’s superb debut LP ‘Human Racing‘ is being re-released on 27 February as a 2CD set.
Original album (released as MCA MCF 3197 (U.K.)/39020 (U.S.), 1984)
Here’s what you get:
- Dancing Girls
- Wouldn’t It Be Good
- Drum Talk
- Gone to Pieces
- Shame on You
- Cloak and Dagger
- I Won’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Human Racing
- Dancing Girls (Extended 12″ Remix) (Special Hi-Energy Remix) (12″ A-side – MCA NIKT 3, 1984)
- Bogart (Extended 12″ Remix) (previously unreleased)
- Monkey Business (B-side to “Wouldn’t It Be Good” – MCA NIK 2, 1984)
- Shame on You (Additional Brass Remix) (12″ B-side to “Wide Boy” – MCA NIKT 7, 1985)
- Drum Talk (Extended 12″ Remix) (Special Hi-Energy Remix) (12″ B-side – MCA NIKT 3, 1984)
- Faces (Extended 12″ Remix) (Simon Boswell Remix) (B-side to “Human Racing” – MCA NIK 5, 1984)
- Dark Glasses (B-side to “I Won’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” – MCA NIK 4, 1984)
- Wouldn’t It Be Good (Extended 12″ Remix) (12″ A-side – MCA NIKT 2, 1984)
- Human Racing (Extended 12″ Remix) (Simon Boswell Remix) (12″ A-side – MCA NIKT 5, 1984)
- She Cries (B-side to “Dancing Girls” – MCA NIK 3, 1984)
- I Won’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Extended Mix) (Simon Boswell Remix) (12″ A-side – MCA NIKT 4, 1984)
- Cloak and Dagger (Live) (live at Hammersmith Odeon, 1984) (B-side to “Human Racing” – MCA NIKD 5, 1984)
Nearly 30 years on, the 1985 Brit Award-nominated album gets a re-release on Universal’s new Re-presents imprint, and comes packaged with rare bonus content that’s been put together by Nik himself.
The special 2CD package features the original album, remastered from the original half-inch mix tapes and associated 12″ mixes and B-sides. Featuring a previously unreleased version of Bogart, a special brass mix of Shame on You and a live version of Cloak and Dagger recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon.
Includes brand new sleeve notes written by Nik himself, this album is an integral part of your 80s music collection!
Because I like the cut of your jib, here’s a 32-minute sample of all the tracks. Not the highest quality, but needed to save space! Enjoy!
The album sounds gorgeous. Purchased mine from iTunes this morning, and the bonus tracks are worth the £8.99 alone. Follow my link earlier in the article to get your copy NOW! Sincerely hope Nik is considering doing the same with The Riddle very soon!