Quick news roundup to precede the final week of the year (before I shut myself away and avoid Christmas at all costs).
- Apple’s A5 chip is being produced in the Samsung facility in Austin, Texas;
- Apple are believed to be working on the iPad 3 right now, for a launch within Q1 2012;
- A smaller, 7.85-inch iPad is also slated for launch after iPad 3. The screens are said to be of LG origin;
- Apple are believed to be buying a flash memory company for half a billion dollars;
- ‘Steve Jobs’, ‘iPad 2’ and ‘iPhone 5’ were among the Top Ten Google searches in 2011;
- A 15″ MacBook Pro with a startling quality display (2880×1800) is rumoured for release next year;
- iTunes Match has been rolled out internationally. Here in the UK it’s £21.99 a year. I can absolutely guarantee they won’t be able to match 50% of my iTunes Library. So I won’t be bothering with that;
- iPad 3 is said to have a major redesign, after more parts were leaked from suppliers;
- iOS 5.0.1 and been tweaked slightly for iPhone 4S users;
- Steve Jobs wasn’t named as person of the year; that accolade went to the pointless protestors who blighted our country earlier in the year.