Here’s what’s been happening:
- First, thanks to everyone on Twitter and Facebook for the birthday wishes. Much appreciated. You’ll be pleased to know I’m having a ‘dry’ birthday, given my recent stupid, cowardly, drunken activities;
- Lots of people went nuts in Beijing at the launch of iPad 2. There were lots of scuffles and barging, and the store had to be closed there for a bit while order was restored and a glass door (which had been broken) was made safe;
- A security flaw in the Mac version of Skype is supposed to be fixed this week;
- Hugh Laurie’s astonishing new LP ‘Let Them Talk’ is released here in the UK tomorrow. Get it.
- Some iPad 2 screens manufactured by LG have been ‘leaking light’, which will prompt Apple to switch to Samsung as their primary supplier in future.
- The new quad-core iMacs are 25% faster than previous models, it’s been announced.
- Apple may switch to ARM from Intel for future processing power in its laptops.
- Apple are talking with Nuance to integrate its voice recognition system into iOS5.
- The new 2011 iMacs can reach wireless speeds of 450 Mbit/s.
- The rumours have started about iPad 3, saying that it will incorporate a 3D display.
- OSX Lion is rumours to be released through the Mac App Store.
- Tomlinson Holman, audio guru at THX, is believed to have been poached by Apple to front its audio department.