The MR-606 iOS app takes its inspiration from the Roland TR-606 Drumatix Drum Machine. A fully-featured, but easy to use interface allows editing of all controls and patterns, and two banks of 16 patterns gives you plenty of space to store your creations.
- Universal app for iPhone and IPad.
- All new sound engine for rock solid timing.
- Hi-Hats now choke.
- set tempo
- individual level controls for each drum sound
- easily switch between patterns to create whole rhythm tracks
- edit scale and last step for fine detail and crazy effects
All controls on the interface work just like the original drum machines, so you can be creating amazing rhythms wherever you are.
You can get it now from iTunes for £3.49. Looks good, sounds really good. Hopefully, future revisions will allow exporting of loops.
*UPDATE – 19 November 2010*
Here’s a video demo for you:
My question would be – why don’t Roland, Korg and all those other vintage gear manufacturers get iOS versions of their classics? They would make an absolute mint, millions of us who can’t afford 800 quid for a TB-303 would be happier than a sandboy, and devs wouldn’t be kept awake at night worrying about copyright infringement. Makes sense doesn’t it?